Posts Tagged ‘Halloween’
Spring is in the air, and with warmer temps we often get the urge to purge. Here are some simple, common sense ways to organize your space so you can enjoy what matters most.
- Set goals. Write them down and share with those around you – it’ll keep you motivated and accountable. Some examples of goals: save time, reduce stress, save money, host a dinner party!
- Decide where to start and just dive in. Pick a place that has the greatest impact on your everyday life, such as where you spend the most time or what causes you the most stress. Is your dinner table covered with papers? Are boxes in the attic stacked to the ceiling? Start there.
- Use the right tools for the job. Gather garbage bags for trash and donations, sticky notes and markers for labeling items that will stay or go, a notepad for action items, plastic totes for storage and moving items.
- Use the right organizational systems for you. A system is only helpful if it makes sense to you, makes sense to others who will need to use it and is maintainable. Function over form is key.
- Discover hidden storage. People complain they don’t have enough storage space, but they’re usually not using the space they have wisely. Often, the most under- utilized space (i.e., wasted space) in the home is vertical wall space in attics, garages and basements. Take advantage of your wall space with wall mounted paper sorters, shelving, and containers.
- Make some rules you can live by. If you don’t need it, don’t use it, or don’t love it, let it go. Live by a one-in, one-out policy—letting something old go before something new can come in. And set (and stick to) deadlines – if something isn’t worn or used or read in a year, it has to go.
- Keep it up. To maintain change, our work is never done. Continue to work with your systems daily, weekly, monthly, and remind yourself why you want to be organized. Take a step back and celebrate how you’ve made room in your life for what’s most important.
Spring is an ideal time to tackle attics, garages and outbuildings – not too cold, not too warm! Find more helpful tips for getting organized this spring at AtticMaxx.com.
Share pictures of your cluttered, disorganized, SPOOKY attic for a chance to win a FREE attic makeover!
Is your attic a disorganized mess? Do you have teetering towers of storage containers or boxes piled to the ceiling? Send us your SPOOKY disorganized attic photos and you’ll be entered into the AttticMaxx Spooky Attic Sweepstakes for a chance to receive a FREE attic makeover with great prizes including:
- An AtticMaxx Shelving System (set of 8 shelves for attic trusses)
- A one-hour consult from a professional organizer
- Eight Rubbermaid® Roughneck® Clear storage containers
- A Fabric Garment Rack Closet
- Two 10-label packs of Post-it® Storage Container Labels 2800-SC
- A $25 gift card for a manicure to use after you’ve organized your attic
E-mail your pics to Spooky@AtticMaxx.com by October 29, 2012 and include the following information: First and last name, mailing address where the prizes can be shipped (not a P.O. box), e-mail address, and day and evening phone numbers. The prize winner will be announced on AtticMaxx.com on Halloween, October 31,2012.
Just imagine the joy of being able to find that tree topper this year without having to unstack and dig through piles of boxes! Don’t get aggravated…get organized! Restore all the joy to holiday decorating this season.
OFFICIAL RULES for the
ATTICMAXX LLC Spooky Attic Sweepstakes 2012
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: ATTICMAXX LLC Spooky Attic Sweepstakes 2012 (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the forty nine (49) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least twenty one (21) years of age or older as of September 30, 2012. All employees of ATTICMAXX LLC (“Sponsor”) and their promotion partners, affiliates, sales representatives, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules”.