Posts Tagged ‘halloween storage’
Do It On A Dime blogger Kathryn says, “I’m passionate about living beautifully and organized on a budget. I’m a wife, mom, and teacher living for Jesus and within my means.” Kathryn recently did an independent review of the AtticMaxx Shelving System for her Do It On A Dime blog and Do It On A Dime YouTube channel. Check them out! Bonus video footage: Best toddler attic dance party ever!
This giveaway is over, but stay tuned for more promotions.
BobVila.com has featured The AtticMaxx Shelving System in an article with great tips and ideas for home storage. The article encourages readers to consider making the most of the attic by improving ventilation and insulation and also building shelves into the beams to maximize the space and keep the floor clear so items can be easily retrieved. The article is entitled, “Whole-House Storage Solutions: Easy Ideas for Every Room”. Check it out here!
Spring is in the air, and with warmer temps we often get the urge to purge. Here are some simple, common sense ways to organize your space so you can enjoy what matters most.
- Set goals. Write them down and share with those around you – it’ll keep you motivated and accountable. Some examples of goals: save time, reduce stress, save money, host a dinner party!
- Decide where to start and just dive in. Pick a place that has the greatest impact on your everyday life, such as where you spend the most time or what causes you the most stress. Is your dinner table covered with papers? Are boxes in the attic stacked to the ceiling? Start there.
- Use the right tools for the job. Gather garbage bags for trash and donations, sticky notes and markers for labeling items that will stay or go, a notepad for action items, plastic totes for storage and moving items.
- Use the right organizational systems for you. A system is only helpful if it makes sense to you, makes sense to others who will need to use it and is maintainable. Function over form is key.
- Discover hidden storage. People complain they don’t have enough storage space, but they’re usually not using the space they have wisely. Often, the most under- utilized space (i.e., wasted space) in the home is vertical wall space in attics, garages and basements. Take advantage of your wall space with wall mounted paper sorters, shelving, and containers.
- Make some rules you can live by. If you don’t need it, don’t use it, or don’t love it, let it go. Live by a one-in, one-out policy—letting something old go before something new can come in. And set (and stick to) deadlines – if something isn’t worn or used or read in a year, it has to go.
- Keep it up. To maintain change, our work is never done. Continue to work with your systems daily, weekly, monthly, and remind yourself why you want to be organized. Take a step back and celebrate how you’ve made room in your life for what’s most important.
Spring is an ideal time to tackle attics, garages and outbuildings – not too cold, not too warm! Find more helpful tips for getting organized this spring at AtticMaxx.com.